Microblading Vs. Permanent Makeup
Which is right for you?
Why do women seek out Microblading or permanent makeup/eyebrow tattooing/micropigmentation? Chief among the reasons:
• They are losing their brow hair
• They are tired of filling it in every day (and feeling insecure about the hair loss)
• They wish to be free of time-consuming and sometimes challenging makeup application
• They want makeup that always looks fresh
• They want to shorten the amount of time it takes to get ready
• There is a modern trend toward fuller brows
Thus the rise in popularity of both MICROBLADING and PERMANENT MAKEUP services. Both are forms of cosmetic tattooing and each offers beautiful results, but results are achieved through differences in application technique and in the appearance and duration of results.
So the question is…which is right for you? Of course, your best answer will come from a consultation with a trained permanent cosmetic specialist, but here is a brief primer.
Microblading is a method of implanting pigment in hair-like strokes to the eyebrow skin using a specialized blade. Because the pigment sits so superficially in the skin, the strokes are sharp, crisp, and mimic the look of real hair.
• Results generally last 12-18 months
• Results produce a softer, more natural-looking brow
Also known as micro-pigmentation, permanent makeup is the process of inserting pigment into the dermis of the skin to a deeper level than with microblading, using a mechanism very like those used to apply traditional tattoos.
• Results generally last 2-3 years, at which point they should be touched up
• Results are brows that are more “done”, with a look that is thicker and more defined and glamorous.
Call or stop in to learn more about these services by scheduling a free consultation with Jaqueline Carini, a Licensed Cosmetic Specialist.
Jacqueline Carini is a Licensed Cosmetologist, Esthetician, and Professional Makeup Artist with over 22 years in the skincare and beauty industry. She is also certified in permanent cosmetics, micro-needling, microblading/3D eyebrow hair simulation, and is certified with PCA in advanced chemical peels to treat aging skin, rosacea, melasma, and acne. Her Training in Permanent Cosmetics includes: eyebrows, eyeliner, lip lining, scar camouflage, areola, and 3-dimensional nipple micropigmentation following mastectomy.